Metsa Board is Europe’s leading producer of fresh forest fiber cartonboards, the world’s leading manufacturer of coated white-top kraftliners, and a major paper supplier. The company offers premium solutions for consumer and retail packaging, graphics and office end-uses.
Metsa Board IBP is currently seeking a Graphic Designer (Packaging) to join its Shanghai team. The ideal candidate would form part of a new, dynamic design team and report to the Design & Innovation Director, and will be involved in creative graphic design for primarily paperboard packaging serving various markets such as Electronics, Food & Beverage, Cosmetics and Luxury products in support of our paperboard business.
The ideal candidate will have graphical design capability with the ability to produce print-ready files (prepress experience) OR design capability with marketing-based experience (developing presentations to support design concepts, brand integrity & market insights, etc).
- Conceptualizing, planning, designing, and producing a wide range of creative graphics and/or illustrative material, for mainly paperboard packaging, which fit within the client's guidelines and agreed budget from concept through final production
- Having an excellent sense of page layout, typography, color and composition
- Possessing strong attention to detail and consistently producing high quality standards
- Having excellent knowledge of pre-press workflow systems to build print-ready files and color management techniques for packaging (color quality management systems, fingerprinting and profiling technologies a plus
- Developing brand strategy and communicating unique design concepts for customer brands while displaying a strong awareness of commercial viability
- Working closely with the design team to contribute to brainstorming sessions, as well as brand and market research while supporting the graphic team in order to maintain brand integrity within the packaging structure
- Participating in the development of story-telling presentations (developing story, animations, graphics, etc.
- Working with sales team to develop innovative packaging designs to secure new business
- Having the ability to be flexible and to follow directions assigned by line manager
Requirements:Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in pre-press operations, design agencies, or creative services departments with experience of designing Graphic for packaging for food, electronics, cosmetics or luxury markets Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field required Excellent inter-departmental communication skills Proficient in Adobe CS and Quark X Press Must be self-motivated, good communicator and produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment Be a team worker who is diligent, proactive and able to complete assignments with tight deadlines and great attention to details Able to multi-task on a daily basis and work in a fast-paced multinational environment Passion for Packaging and Graphic Design, Innovation and Trends Fluent English language abilities (written and verbal)