Asianera specializes in designing and producing the finest quality, hand-painted bone china to form truly elegant functional art for everyday living. The company is internationally known for its distinctive Asian fusion design style and has products in some of the world's finest retail stores, luxury hotels and restaurants.
Fine china producer Asianera is looking to fill a Creative Assistant position which focuses on the new development of illustrated and graphic designs for porcelain products. Asianera designs and produces fine bone china for the high-end and luxury markets. Asianera is a Hong Kong-registered limited company. It has its main sales operations based in Shanghai, and a wholly foreign owned manufacturing facility in Tangshan, Hebei.
Being on the Creative Team of the Sales department will involve a broad but very interesting range of responsibilities from product development to creative promotion to sales support. There will be excellent opportunities for exciting career development and growth.
- Working with the Sales team and Product Development team to develop new designs
- Initial research and development for new product designs
- Designing and rendering (by hand drawing/painting and digital rendering) initial draft product development concepts
- Company website updating and some website page design
- Assisting with other administrative activities in the Shanghai office
- Have an Art or Design degree; Art degree candidates highly preferred
- Ability to hand-draw and/or paint
- Fluent in Chinese (reading, writing and conversational)
- Proficient in reading English (listening comprehension would be very helpful)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D design software, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, & other PC tools
- Have a strong interest in the luxury products market
- Is proactive and looks for and embraces challenges, and is a strong team player
- Work experience is preferred
- Have flexibility to travel