The Orangeblowfish is an indepedent creative agency with teams across Asia Pacific: Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, and Sydney. We are creative brand strategists who leverage art, storytelling, space and technology to amplify brands. Our belief is that creativity has no boundaries and we work with startups and Fortune 500 companies. Some of the brands we've had the pleasure to work with include Alipay, Google, Costa Coffee, Dunkin Donuts, Ford, Nike, Liquid Laundry, The Broken Dagger, UP Shanghai and more.
The Agency is at its next stage of growth, and as a rsult result we're looking for a Client Services Director to join our team. The Client Services Director will be a key member of the Agency leadership team, and share responsibility for the overall profitability of the Agency’s accounts, performance success of Agency, as well as drive motivation and best practices across all personnel.
- Overall growth and development of The Orangeblowfish’s Client accounts
- Meeting profit goals on each account, working with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate budgeting and timely invoicing
- Provide pro-active account leadership and convey the specific requirements for wider support to the Agency leadership management on a timely basis.
- Plan, develop, and defend budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to Clients.
- Balance the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work, working closely with the Agency leadership and project coordinator to manage the allocation of resources to Client projects and make timely recommendations for additional support needs (full time, part time or freelance) as required
- Assign duties, goals, and supervise support staff and free lancers as required.
- Attending, and actively engaging at, external industry events to raise the awareness and profile of the Agency
- Playing a positive role in the agency’s new business programme, activating their personal and professional networks and working with the Agency leadership to develop new accounts and work
- Add value to new business pitches by leading the pitch, helping to generate ideas and content, presentation preparation and so forth
- Keeping management informed of the status of the Agency’s accounts, problems, plans and meetings, as well as involving Management personnel at key times.
- Ensuring the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns, and projects to assure earnings, growth, and profit goals are achieved.
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis, promoting the expansion of business when appropriate
- Execute duties and assignments as directed in compliance with corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Using your skills to push clients, and the agency, creatively and strategically
- Maintain awareness and control situations which may lead to the risk of write-offs.
- Maintain open and complete communications of Client issues with the Agency leadership.
Other Leadership Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, motivation and guidance to junior members of the team, to convey the vision and values of the Agency, how best to manage campaigns, general business requests and so forth
- Encourage a high level of performance by the agency personnel
- Support the leadership of the Agency in developing and implementing processes and ways of working that will further enhance the quality, skills and knowledge and/or efficient output of the Agency
- Ensure that team members work in conformance with Agency policies and procedures and public law.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Agency leadership team
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management, ideally from a larger international Agency
- A background in advertising, design, branding or marketing
- A problem-solving mentality with the flexibility required to thrive in a boutique Agency that is fast-growing
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- Mandarin Chinese fluency – written and spoken (Native speaker preferred)
- High proficiency in English – written and spoken
What do we offer?
- Flexible working hours / options
- Fun and creative working environment
- The opportunity to learn new things, and work on projects that inspire you
- A fabulous team who love what they do and has a great sense of humor.
The Orangeblowfish will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in China. This position does not qualify for relocation assistance.