The Orangeblowfish is an independent creative agency with teams across Asia Pacific: Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Sydney. We're creative brand strategists who leverage art, storytelling, space and technology to amplify brands. We believe that creativity has no bounders. We've had the pleasure of working with some of the best brands in the world including Alipay, Google, Nike, Costa Coffee, Dunkin Donuts, Ford, L'Oreal Group and more.
We're at our next stage of growth and looking for an Account Manager to join our team. The Account Manager will play a key role in client servicing and ensuring that our creative and digital teams deliver and exceed on project delivery and client expectations.
As Account Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading the creative and digital teams to deliver uniquely creative branding and effective digital solutions for clients.
- Independently managing accounts on a daily basis
- Managing client expectations to foster effectiveness and productivity
- Meeting and managing project deadlines
- Maintaining seamless communication between clients and internal project teams
- Monitoring the team’s productivity, client’s budget and any out of scope work requests
- Applying creative and strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Leading internal project and client meetings to brief all involved parties of status updates, priorities, challenges and client feedback
- Collating information and preparing client reports
- Being the last pair of eyes before any work is released to client
- Assisting the Managing Partner in strategically planning resources, business revenue growth and so forth.
- Participating in business development activities including but not limited to research, supporting pitch preparation and attending business development meetings
- Acting as mentor to other junior team members so that the quality of work delivered is always consistent, and continuously improving.
Media relations and Content:
- Understanding the positioning of clients and products and be able to develop engaging story angles to pitch to journalists, bloggers and analysts on an on-going basis
- Assisting in the management of media events, briefings and other brand campaigns
- Monitoring and delivering campaign and media reports as required
- Researching, identifying and maintaining a comprehensive media database
- Attending industry events on behalf of The Orangeblowfish to strengthen company and individual presence and knowledge
- Collaborating with Content Strategist and other team members to consistent on brand messaging across all media channels and platforms. This can include all kinds of media materials such as press releases, written company statements, brand and product videos digital posts and so forth.
- Reviewing and approving content and providing feedback and guidance to Content Strategist
The Successful Candidate
- Possesses a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Must have 6+ years of experience working with a creative or digital agency.
- Must have 6+ years of experience in account management, at an international agency preferred.
- Is a team player and willing to go the extra mile.
- Has proven ability to act as advisor to personnel who are Director level and above.
- Is obsessed with everything relating to creative and design, campaign strategies, digital marketing strategies and best practices
- Possesses strong knowledge of digital tools such as WeChat, Weibo, RED, WordPress, and more.
- Is a strong communicator, and has the innate ability to navigate and interact with key stakeholders clients and the media to get the job done.
- Has the ability to navigate and adapt to new and challenging situations, solve problems, and communicate with those around you.
- Demonstrates strategic planning abilities such as revenue projections, account growth etc.
- Must be fluent English and Mandarin (written and spoken)
What do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- Fun and creative working environment
- The opportunity to learn new things, and work on projects that inspire you
- A fabulous team who love what they do, and has a great sense of humor.
The Orangeblowfish will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in China. This position does not qualify for relocation assistance.