FOREO is an innovative Swedish brand that is revolutionizing the beauty industry with its amazing range of LUNA™ Skin Care and ISSATM Oral Care devices. As a company creating comprehensive and unprecedented solutions that map the future of lifelong beauty, FOREO is able to offer near-limitless opportunities for personal and career development.
General Job Summary
As the FOREO Copywriter, you are an essential and integral part of our Product Development team. You’ll be working closely with design, product marketing and communications to produce copy for US and European markets that reflect our brand values, while raising awareness of the revolutionary nature of our new approach to skincare. You’ll help us generate clear, informative and engaging text materials to develop product and brand awareness with consumers, media and business partners alike.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary focus will be on writing core Product Materials including packaging, product descriptions and POS materials. Copy should always demonstrating a thorough understanding and knowledge of the FOREO brand, values, image and product portfolio.
- Writing outstanding copy for US, UK, AU markets targeting end-customers as well as retailers and distributors to generate interest and raise brand and product awareness.
- Collaborating with graphic designers and brand managers to develop innovative ideas and concepts in line with our core brand image and identity.
- Researching and investigating relevant topics and materials within skincare and the general beauty- and cosmetic industries, and keeping up-to-date on the latest developments within our field of expertise.
The FOREO Copywriter reports directly to the Global Brand Director, cooperating and communicating horizontally with marketing and research specialists, graphic designers, and PR teams across the organization.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Proficient in the art of writing great copy, with the ability to position yourself as a reader in a variety of different contexts.
- Self-motivation and drive to write engaging, persuasive and original copy that makes FOREO the leading communicator in global beauty.
- Keen attention to linguistic and conceptual detail and ability to quickly produce near-ready-for-print copy in line with brand value- and identity.
- Ability to perform product and market research to support development copy and various marketing and PR-materials.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university (English, Literature, Journalism, Marketing or Communications degree preferred)
- 3 years of professional copywriting experience, experience working within the beauty- or luxury brand industries a plus.
- Alternatively, 3+years of Sales or Trade Marketing experience plus demonstrated copy writing experience. Understanding of sales needs and retailer environment will be a hugely beneficial.
- Native or 100% Fluent English speaker.
- Office communication is in English, Mandarin-Chinese skills not essential.